REGULATIONS FOR INTERLIBRARY AND INTERNATIONAL INTERLIBRARY LOAN OF IVAN VAZOV PUBLIC LIBRARY PLOVDIV
Art.1 These Regulations define the rules of the inter-library (IL) and international interlibrary (IIL) loan between “Ivan Vazov” Plovdiv Public Library and other libraries in the country and abroad.
Art.2(1) “Ivan Vazov” Public Library hereinafter referred to as “the Library”, delivers to its patrons library items for temporary use from other libraries in the country or abroad and lends its items to other libraries in the country and abroad in accordance with the Public Libraries Act.
(2) Interlibrary loan is a service for the patrons that facilitates universal access to publications - a basic principle of library and information service.
(3) The procedures by which IL and ILL activities are carried out are established by this Regulations, the Rules of service of the Ivan Vazov Public Library, the Code of the specialized library service Interlibrary Loan (Annex № 2) and the Code of the specialized library service Interlibrary Loan of the libraries founders and associate members of the NALIS foundation through the NALIS Union Catalogue.
(4) At the Library IL and ILL are performed by Interlibrary Loans service.
(5) Through IL and ILL the Library provides original documents as well as copies of library documents, in accordance with Art. 24, para. 1, item 9 from the Copyright and Related Rights Act.
Art. 3 Types of items not subject to IL and ILL:
1. Rare and valuable documents (manuscripts, paleotypes, incunabula, archival collections, photographs, private collections, unique editions);
2. Items submitted to the Library under the Law on the Mandatory Deposit of Printed and other works (with the status of Archives of Bulgarian Literature) and marked with a red label;
3. Cartographic publications, printed music and graphic publications not submitted to the Library under the Law of Mandatory Deposit of Printed and other works (with the status of Archives of Bulgarian Literature) and not marked with a red label.
4. Magnetic tape films, microforms, original works of art;
6. Heavy and bulky editions;
7. Documents subject to restoration;
8. Documents which, at the discretion of the heads of specialized departments, are not subject to IL and ILL.
OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SERVICE REALIZATION
OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LIBRARY
Art. 4. Upon request the Library supplies other library libraries in the country with library items delivered by post with collect on delivery.
Art. 5. The financial responsibility of the Library is established in the standard loan note (Appendix № 1) or in the equivalent electronic message.
Art. 6. The Library does not fulfill IL or ILL requests in the following cases:
(1) The requested items are being processed or being bound at the time of the request;
(2) The requested items are currently borrowed by patrons;
(3) The requested items that with accordance to these Rules, are not subject to Interlibrary and International Interlibrary Loan;
(4) The request form is incomplete or incorrect.
Art. 7. The cost of IL and ILL services is formed with accordance of the Price List of the services provided by the Library and is paid by the requesting library.
PATRON DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Art. 8. Only patrons with valid annual or six months library cards are entitled to use IL and ILL services.
Art. 9. (1) In order to request an item, patrons must submit a standard form with complete and accurate bibliographic data.
Art. 10. Postage expenses for the items requested via IL or ILL are paid in full and are at the expense of the requesting patron.
Art. 11. Items received via IL or ILL are used in the reading halls for the duration of 1 (one) month.
Art. 12. Reproducing of library items received via IL or ILL is conducted with accordance of Art. 36 of the Rules of service of the Ivan Vazov Public Library Plovdiv.
Art. 13. In case of damage to the documents used, penalties shall be imposed according to the Rules of service of the Ivan Vazov Public Library Plovdiv.